The iPhone 7 is one of 2016’s most anticipated gadgets. With the launch happening in less than 24 hours, Apple couldn’t be happier. The event comes on IFA‘s closing date in Berlin and will probably be talk of the day there. However, it is not IFA that makes the iPhone launch such a graceful occasion, it is Samsung. The launch comes at a time when Samsung are wiping after themselves over the Galaxy Note 7 exploding mess. The unfortunate recalling of the Note 7 presents a golden opportunity for Apple’s iPhone 7.
Unveiling of the iPhone 7 is scheduled for 1900 CAT on September 7. The event will be streamed live on Apple Events website. To watch the event live just click here. It is important however to note that not everyone will be apple to livestream the event. Here are the requirements for you to be able to watch the Apple keynote event live:
Requirements: Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology. HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Streaming via Apple TV requires an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later or an Apple TV (4th generation).
What to expect
There has been so much hype about the iPhone for months now. What it will look like, what is will do and all sorts of things. From all the buzz that has been going around this is what to expect:
- Models: Just like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, expect an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Colours: Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Dark Black and a glossy Piano Black
- Storage: Three storage sizes: 32/128/256GB
- RAM: 2GB for iPhone 7 and 3GB for iPhone 7 Plus
- Dual-lens: 12Mp sensors, wide-angle and telephoto on Plus model
- TrueTone: A total of four LEDs for the flash – two warm, two cool
- Water-resistant with IPX7 rating (just like the Apple Watch
- A Touch home button: To replace the push home button and also allow water resistance
- No headphone jack: Probably the most talked about feature (or lack of) Apple will ship with Lightning EarPods and 3.5mm adapter
- Processor: Powerful Apple A10 with speeds of up to 2.45GHz
- Screen: Same sizes as iPhone 6 but same colour gamut as iPad Pro
- Sound: The ear-piece will be a proper speaker providing stereo in landscape
- Lasers: The proximity sensor will use laser technology
Clash of Events
The Apple Keynote event ends at 2100 CAT. It will be at the exact moment that Apple’s event ends when the Sony PlayStation Meeting starts. Sony will launch the PlayStation Neo console at this event.